Snake Avoidance Training Workshops
Taught with Positive Reinforcement
It’s that time of year again. The birds are chirping the sun is shining and it’s time to get out with your dog and enjoy the great outdoors. Unfortunately, this also means that you’ll be joined by all sorts of other critters some of which can be quite dangerous to you and your pet.
In this workshop we’ll address:
- Snake Identification
- Snake Safety
- What to train your dog to do when they find a snake
- Start the training process!
Rattlesnake Avoidance Training FAQs:
- Are there live snakes?
Nope, however, I do use rattlesnake scent, a visual decoy, and rattlesnake sound.
- Do you use shock collars?
Nope. I don’t use magic either ;-). I focus on teaching the dogs to do what I want them to do. This avoids unwanted and unintended associations with other environmental cues that may be present.
- What if my dog doesn’t see the snake?
No amount of training will avoid a snake bite if the dog doesn’t see the snake.
- I just signed up but haven’t had time to look over the information in the online classroom will I still be successful in the hands-on portion?
Yes. While the online information is helpful in comprehending what we’ll do in the hands-on portion, it is not necessary to succeed in the hands-on portion. Most dogs that can pay attention to their guardian and take treats or play with a ball can be successful in the hands-on session.
Upcoming Workshops 2022:
Fort Collins, Colorado – Level 2!
This workshop is for all students that have already attended the first Rattlesnake Avoidance workshop. In this workshop, we’ll continue to hone our recall/alert skills and start to introduce students to how to set up their own hides to practice at home.
When: June 11th 2022 9-11am & July 11th 2022 6:30-8:30 pm
Where: Summit Dog Training, Agility Field, Fort Collins, CO
Fort Collins, Colorado
When: TBD – Currently accepting Waitlist only to determine interest.
Where: Summit Dog Training 217 Racquette Dr #17, Fort Collins, CO 80524
Host a Workshop!
Are you interested in hosting a Snake Avoidance Training Workshop? Let me know!!! Use the Contact Button Below!
Past Workshop Locations
- Littleton, CO – Creating Forever Dogs – May be offering workshops in 2022 outside of Trust Your Dog 🙂
- Sedalia, CO – Light of Dog
- Castle Pines, CO – Behavior Vets
- Boulder, CO – Humane Society of Boulder Valley
- Fort Collins, CO – Trust Your Dog Training
- Fort Collins, CO – Summit Dog Training
- Denver, CO – Noble Beast Dog Training
- Colorado Springs, CO – House of Dog Training
- Colorado Springs, CO – All Breed Rescue & Training
- Evergreen, CO – Friends for Life
- Westminster, CO – Namastay Training, LLC
- Durango, CO – La Plata County Humane Society
- Florence, CO – Training center now moved out of state