Snake Avoidance Training Workshops
Taught with Positive Reinforcement
It’s that time of year again. The birds are chirping the sun is shining and it’s time to get out with your dog and enjoy the great outdoors. Unfortunately, this also means that you’ll be joined by all sorts of other critters some of which can be quite dangerous to you and your pet.
In this workshop we’ll address:
- Snake Identification
- Snake Safety
- What to train your dog to do when they find a snake
- Start the training process!
Rattlesnake Avoidance Training FAQs:
- Are there live snakes?
Nope, however, I do use rattlesnake scent, a visual decoy, and rattlesnake sound.
- Do you use shock collars?
Nope. I don’t use magic either ;-). I focus on teaching the dogs to do what I want them to do. This avoids unwanted and unintended associations with other environmental cues that may be present.
- What if my dog doesn’t see the snake?
No amount of training will avoid a snake bite if the dog doesn’t see the snake.
- I just signed up but haven’t had time to look over the information in the online classroom will I still be successful in the hands-on portion?
Yes. While the online information is helpful in comprehending what we’ll do in the hands-on portion, it is not necessary to succeed in the hands-on portion. Most dogs that can pay attention to their guardian and take treats or play with a ball can be successful in the hands-on session.
New!!! Online Class!
When: September 23rd @ 9:30am
Where: Online in your PJs
This class will be 6 weeks long and we’ll cover all the information about rattlesnakes in Colorado, how to best train your dog, and teach your dog alert behaviors that you’ll then transfer to a rattlesnake cue. Every week you’ll have online assignments, as well as a weekly, meet up via Zoom where you’ll get to ask questions to me in person as well as demonstrate what you and your dog are working on. You’ll get immediate face to face feedback. You’ll also get to see what your classmates are working on too!!! Join me for this fun new adventure!
Are you interested in hosting a Snake Avoidance Training Workshop? Let me know!!! Use the Contact Button Below!
Past Workshop Locations
- Castle Pines, CO – Behavior Vets
- Boulder, CO – Humane Society of Boulder Valley
- Fort Collins, CO – Trust Your Dog Training
- Denver, CO – Noble Beast Dog Training
- Colorado Springs, CO – House of Dog Training
- Colorado Springs, CO – All Breed Rescue & Training
- Evergreen, CO – Friends for Life
- Westminster, CO – Namastay Training, LLC
- Durango, CO – La Plata County Humane Society
- Florence, CO – Training center now moved out of state