I know everyone is tired of hearing all of this stuff. However, you keep hearing about it because it’s important and it’s affecting a lot of people in a lot of different ways. Hang in there.
If you regularly check-in on this site you’ll probably notice just a few changes but COVID-19 has really slowed me down quite a bit and is causing a bit of conflict and stress for me. There are a lot of restrictions that are required to help slow the spread of COVID-19 and with that, I’m attempting to do my part by:
- Keeping my kids home. This means that I’m now a full-time work from home mom and it’s not easy giving the kids (2 yr & 6 yr) all the time and attention they need and deserve right now. This also means that I have to wait for my husband to get home from his work to leave the house. I can’t put the kids in a kennel with some water and expect them to be okay ;-). So my working hours are now on hold until further notice.
- Wearing masks when working with clients in-person is a must.
- Maintaining at least 6 feet of distance when working with clients. This means there is a lot more verbal coaching of clients and a lot less demonstrating skills with the client’s dog than I have previously done.
- Washing hands before and after working with clients.
- Not going into client’s homes. Going in homes creates a lot of opportunities for me to touch all sorts of surfaces and potentially pick up or deposit COVID-19 if I or my clients are carriers/infected. Instead, in-person consults are done virtually, outside either in my field, at the client’s yard, or in a public park, all of these are prioritized based on training goals.
- Working online with remote virtual consults rather than in-person consults. There are so many benefits to virtual consultations rather than In-person consults.
Ultimately, I want to make sure that I can help keep you safe and help you with your dog’s behavioral problems. We’re all in this together and we have ways to make it work so that I can help you and your dog. So in this time where I’m taking a break from training, I am referring to Summit Dog Training and Dogs Deciphered as well as KK9 Training